Recreation Ward Committees
- Develop, coordinate, and support recreation programs and activities for the residents of the Ward.
- Be representative and responsive to the recreation, culture, and heritage needs of the Ward.
- Provide a focal point for the planning and delivery of Ward events and activities.
- Build a sense of community within the Ward and to encourage residents to get involved.
- Maintain coordination and liaise with other community groups within the Ward and other Ward Recreation Committees.
- The Ward Recreation Committees will create an environment of cooperation and liaison for County-wide recreation, culture or heritage initiatives through an informal network.
- Liaise with County staff and other user groups on recreation facility capital needs and plans.
Recreation Ward Committees will have up to 9 members, not including Councillor appointments.
Ward 1 Picton Councillor Kate MacNaughton
Ward 2 Bloomfield/Hallowell Councillor Brad Nieman
Ward 3 Wellington Councillor Corey Engelsdorfer
Robert Paul Edmonds
Ward 4 Ameliasburgh Councillor Janice Maynard
Ward 5 Athol Councillor Sam Branderhorst
Ward 6 Sophiasburgh Councillor Bill Roberts
Ward 7 Hillier Councillor Chris Braney
Ward 8 North Marysburgh Councillor David Harrison
Ward 9 South Marysburgh Councillor John Hirsch
If you have any questions about the Recreation Ward Committees, contact the Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or call 613.476.2148 ext. 1020.