Municipal Community Grant Program
The Municipal Community Grant Program aims to improve the well-being and quality of life of the community and its residents through financial assistance to non-profit, community-based organizations. Municipal Community Grant funding is based on approved funding by County Council during the annual budget deliberations.
The program is intended for non-profit community-based organizations that provide programs and services in the areas of: arts, culture, heritage, recreation, environment, health and human services. The municipality initiated the program to promote the self-sufficiency of community non-profit groups and programs by encouraging those in receipt of funding to become self-supporting. The grant program is based on alignment with the goals and objectives of the County Corporate Strategic Plan and the Community Development Strategic Plan.
- The application process is competitive;
- There are more grant applications received than there is available funding;
- Past funding commitments should not be interpreted as a guarantee that future requests will be approved as the focus is on creating self-sufficiency and leveraging of funding.
Through a partnership agreement with the County of Prince Edward, The County Foundation administers all streams of grant applications.
- Grants under $5,000 — Grants up to $5,000 in cash and in-kind use of municipal facilities, and in-kind grants of $1,000 or less towards use of municipal facilities. For these grants, The County Foundation tops up municipal funding by an additional 25%.
- Grants over $5,000 — These are requests for funding for cash and in-kind use of municipal facilities.
The grant application process involves a completed grant application, organizational information summary, previous year’s financial statement, and a grant follow-up report if the organization was awarded a grant in the previous year. All successful applicants are required to submit an accountability report at the end of the financial year.
Details about the 2021 Municipal Community Grant Program intake will be posted on this page when they become available. For more information and grant application forms please visit The County Foundation website.
2020 Grant Recipients
The 2020 Community Grant Program was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic as not for profit and charity organizations’ events and gatherings were cancelled due to public health restrictions. Ultimately, the municipality was able to provide 16 cash and in-kind grants, many of which were conditional upon events and gatherings held later in the year being sanctioned by Public Health.
Due to the financial pressures of COVID-19 on our not for profits and charities, the municipality, in partnership with The County Foundation, will be facilitating a special COVID-19 grant intake to cover operational shortfalls caused by the pandemic. More information on this special grant will appear on this page and on The County Foundation website in the Fall of 2020.