Wellington Water Tower
The County is constructing a new water tower (elevated water storage tank) in the Village of Wellington. The new water tower will be constructed at the northeast corner of the Belleville Street and First Avenue intersection.
The project also includes the installation of a permanent bulk water filling station at the site. This new station will replace the existing station on Beach Street and the temporary station at the Wellington and District Community Centre.
- Budget year: 2022
- Total cost: $9,002,000
Construction will begin in April 2022 with completion tentatively scheduled for spring 2023.
A master servicing plan completed by the County in 2021 recommended constructing a new elevated water tank with larger storage capacity and higher water level.
The new elevated tank will:
- Be sized for the present and future water demands
- Provide the recommended pressures for the planned future developments and improvements to the existing system
- Funded in part by area-specific Development Charges for the Wellington Urban Serviced Area
The County considered five locations for the elevated tank. The municipality identified the site at the northeast corner of the Belleville Street and First Avenue intersection as the most suitable location for the following reasons:
- Suitable elevation
- Simple connectivity to the existing distribution system
- The municipality owns the property, which reduces costs and expedites the design and construction phases of the project
- No natural environment or archaeological concerns
The County hosted an information session for this project on February 9, 2022. View a recording of this session on the County’s YouTube channel.
Phone: 613.476.2148 ext. 2002