COVID 19 Resource Page
Upcoming vaccine clinics
The COVID-19 vaccine clinic will be held at the Prince Edward Community Centre (375 Picton Main Street, Picton) on the following days:
- Tuesday, April 25, 3pm-6:30pm
These clinics are by appointment only. You can book an appointment in advance for these clinics. Go online to book or call the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1.833.943.3900. Walk-ins will also be accepted at all upcoming Picton clinics.
People aged 12 and over who are eligible for any doses can now get the COVID-19 vaccine at the above clinics. There are also a limited number of appointments for both children under 5 years of age and children aged 5-11 kids at all clinics.
If you are not sure which bivalent vaccine to get, you are encouraged to book an appointment and the health professionals on site will walk you through your options to help you decide what is best for you.
You can also get your vaccine at the following locations:
- At local pharmacies. Visit the Provincial vaccine information site for availability.
- In Belleville at the Hastings Prince Edward Public Health office (179 North Park Street). Visit the Ontario vaccination portal or check the HPEPH website for dates and booking information.
- Through some primary care providers. Contact your primary care provider to discuss availability.
Testing and Cases
There are two main publicly funded tests available in Ontario to those who are eligible: rapid antigen tests and molecular tests, which include both polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and rapid molecular testing.
If you have questions related to COVID-19 testing and isolation guidelines, please call the Provincial Testing and Isolation Information line at 1.888.777-0730.
In line with provincial and local public health measures, masks and vaccination proof are no longer mandatory to enter County of Prince Edward facilities. Though face masks are not mandatory, some people may choose to keep wearing their masks. The County encourages the public to be kind and respectful to others, regardless of whether they are wearing a mask or not.
The County encourages people visiting any County facility to conduct a self-health assessment for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering. The County asks that anyone with symptoms not visit until symptoms have cleared.
Public Health Measures
Visit the Provincial COVID-19 public health measures webpage for information on the current measures.
The best way to protect yourself from COVID-19:
- Get vaccinated
- Stay home when you are sick or exposed
- Practice physical distancing and avoid crowded spaces
- Spend time outdoors or in well-ventilated indoor spaces
- Wear a well-fitted mask in public
- Practice respiratory etiquette and keep things clean. Wash your hands frequently, cover your coughs and sneezes, and clean high-touch surfaces frequently
Common symptoms include fever and respiratory symptoms such as cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia and acute respiratory distress.
As with other illnesses, you should connect with a health-care provider if you experience:
- A high fever
- Shortness of breath
- Trouble breathing
More Information and Resources
Hastings Prince Edward Public Health
Province of Ontario – Ministry of Health