Online Building Permit Submissions
The County now accepts building permit applications online through Cloudpermit.
Cloudpermit allows you to:
- Apply for and see the status of your permit application anywhere, at any time.
- Start an application and finish it later.
- Pay for your permit application or deposit online.
- Receive email and text updates on the status of your permit application.
- View a record of permit documents under your online profile for future reference.
- Receive inspection results by email.
How to apply online
All permit types can be applied for online. If you are new to the system you will need to create an account. A first time user will need to create an account with Cloudpermit. If you have an account, log in.
Steps for successful submission:
- Once you log in, select “Create New Application”
- Create a name for your project.
- Find your address using the map. If you cannot find it by typing the address, you can scroll through the map or enter it manually. If entering manually, please ensure you have correct information. Vacant land may not have an assigned address.
- Select the Building Permit Icon, then select the type of permit you would like to create
- Follow the steps to submitting the required documentation. Please be advised, each permit type requires a separate permit.
You will be contacted if there is outstanding information or if we have questions.
CloudPermit learning resources
New to Cloudpermit? Watch this video tutorial or follow the step-by-step instructions provided below.
For additional information on using Cloudpermit as an applicant or a building professional, please see Cloudpermit’s comprehensive applicant user guide, which includes a wide variety of support articles.
If you require further assistance or support, contact the Building Department at 613.476.2148. extension 2040.