Prince Edward County Municipal Services


Find the info you need on relocating, starting or expanding your business in Prince Edward County.


Explore what Prince Edward County has to offer for residents and visitors alike.



Housing Supports and Other Assistance

Municipal Financial Relief Program 

The County piloted a program in 2022 to support low-income households in Prince Edward County. Qualifying households were be able to apply to one of two streams of the Municipal Financial Relief Program:

  • Qualifying tenants who pay for water and wastewater services can apply for a credit of up to $250 on their water bill.
  • Qualifying home owners can apply for a credit of up to $500 on their property tax account.

The County Foundation administers the pilot program on behalf of the municipality. Information about the 2023 intake for the program will be shared when the details are finalized.

Help with Payments

Support is available from the municipality if you are behind on municipal tax payments. Click here to learn more.

You may also be eligible for emergency support through Prince Edward – Lennox & Addington Social Services (PELASS). PELASS provides financial assistance to low income households in emergency situations such as rent or utility arrears, or other immediate needs.

To find out if you’re eligible or to apply for assistance, please call 613.354.0957 or toll free 1.866.354.0957.

Ontario Electricity Support Program

The Ontario Energy Board offers programs to help lower-income customers with their electricity bills. The Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP) provides monthly on-bill credits for lower-income customers to reduce their electricity bills. Learn more about the program and see if you qualify.