Prince Edward County Municipal Services


Find the info you need on relocating, starting or expanding your business in Prince Edward County.


Explore what Prince Edward County has to offer for residents and visitors alike.



Who to Call

Callout box image

The County Customer Service

During business hours, contact Customer Service. They will direct your concern to the right department, and will track your inquiry for follow up.

613.476.2148 extension 1023 /
In-person service at Shire Hall (332 Picton Main Street):
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm


After Hours Emergencies: Contact 613.476.2148 extension 4020
Urgent issues will be directed to County staff on duty. Non-urgent calls will be addressed during regular office hours.

Click for more contact information:

9‑1‑1 is for police, fire or medical emergencies when immediate action is required: someone’s health, safety or property is in jeopardy or a crime is in progress.

  • Examples of emergencies:
    • Events that involve an immediate threat to a person or property: screams, attacks, gunshots, fires, car accidents with injuries or any other medical emergency
    • A substantive, in-progress crime. This includes fights, break and enters (if there is a suspect on scene) or a report of an impaired driver
    • A serious crime that has just occurred (examples: sexual assault or robbery)
    • A suspicious circumstance that may indicate an imminent criminal act (examples: prowler, vandal)
  • Please use 9‑1‑1 responsibly. 9-1-1 can’t provide information on the weather, power outages or municipal services. Do not call 9-1-1 for nuisance calls like illegal camping, noise infractions, STA complaints, parking, or rule violations in Provincial Parks. Don’t call 9-1-1 and ask for the non-emergency phone number. (1-888-310-1122)

Someone is camping or parking where they’re not supposed to?  

  • First Contact: The County’s By-Law Camping and Parking team 613-476-2148 x 2045 or  (7 days a week, 8 am – 6 pm)
  • If no response, contact OPP – Non Emergency Line 1-888-310-1122 / Report Online (24 hours/day 7 days/week)

Noise or nuisance complaints?

  • First Contact: The County’s By-Law Department 613-476-7666 or  (7 days a week, 9 am – 7 pm)
  • If no response, contact OPP – Non Emergency Line 1-888-310-1122 / Report Online (24 hours/day 7 days/week)
  • Contact the STA Licensing Team by email at
  • Or call Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm: 613.476.2148 extension 2050
  • After hours/Weekends call 613.476.2148 extension 2045
  • The map of licensed STAs in Prince Edward County is available here.

During the summer, public washrooms are cleaned 7 days/week, up to 3x day for busiest washrooms between 8 am-8 pm.

  • During office hours contact Customer Service or 613-476-2148 x 1023 (Monday to Friday 8 am – 5 pm)
  • After Hours contact 613-476-2148 x 4020      

During the summer, garbage bins are serviced 7 days/week, up to 2x day for busiest locations between 7 am-3:30 pm.

  • During office hours contact Customer Service or 613-476-2148 x 1023 (Monday to Friday 8 am – 5 pm)
  • After Hours contact 613-476-6505

Burn bans are announced on The County’s homepage.

  • To purchase a new burn permit, use the online Burn Permit System
  • Fire and Rescue Non-Emergency Line: 613-476-2345
  • Contact OPP – Non Emergency Line 1-888-310-1122 / Report Online (24 hours/day 7 days/week)
  • If there is an emergency or you suspect an impaired driver, dial 9-1-1

Click to read the rules for Sandbanks, North Beach and Lake on the Mountain

  • Sandbanks 613-393-3319
  • North Beach 613-399-2030 Jun-Aug / 613-393-3319 (Sep-Jun)
  • Lake on the Mountain 613-393-3319
  • If there is an emergency, call 911.

Including Little Bluff, Massassauga Point, Beaver Meadow and Macaulay Mountain

  • Quinte Conservation 613-968-3434 (Monday to Thursday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm and Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm)
  • Maintenance concerns can also be reported through QCA’s online form.
  • It there is an emergency, call 911. Conservation area addresses can be found here.

Point Petre is crown land and as such is open to all and it is out of the municipality’s jurisdiction to regulate. 

  • Information on what activities are permitted on crown land.
  • If you suspect a natural resource violation (i.e. unlawful hunting or dumping at Point Petre) contact the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry Tip Line: 1-877-847-7667
  • More information about violations is available on the MNRF website.
  • If your concern is about a matter of public safety or criminal activity, please call the appropriate police line: 9-1-1 for emergencies, or the Non Emergency Line 1-888-310-1122 / Report Online.

Agendas, minutes, and reports for all Council, Committee of the Whole, and all other municipal committees are available for the public to access. We recommend reading the agendas, minutes and reports related to your concern in order to learn as much context as possible. 

Some issues may be resolved at the staff level, or at the very least, staff can advise you of the next step toward resolving your concerns. Contact Customer Service to find the staff person who can help: or 613.476.2148 extension 1023 (Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 5 pm)

  • For information about how to make a deputation to Council, click here.
  • For contact information for Council, click here.