Provincial Parks Booking
The County is in regular contact with the park staff at Sandbanks and North Beach Provincial Parks. We have the inside scoop on how the Ontario Parks day-use vehicle permit system works for the parks in The County. Read on for answers to FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes!Every vehicle entering Sandbanks Provincial Park must have a day-use vehicle permit reservation. You need a reservation to:
- Enjoy a day at the beach
- Hike or bike on the trails
- Visit for just an hour
- Visit at sunset
- Visit a friend who has a campsite at Sandbanks
- Any day-use of the Park… you need a permit!
Reservations are required in order to manage capacity at the park.
Reservations are required in order to manage capacity at the park. Season Pass holders can provide the serial number of their pass to obtain a day-use vehicle permit for free.
Reservations can be made online at reservations.ontarioparks.com
Or by calling 1-888-668-7275
Sandbanks Provincial Park
Sandbanks is a unique Provincial Park in that it has multiple entrances and not all of them are gated. Because of that, there are some special tips for accessing this park:
- Every vehicle that parks within Sandbanks MUST have a printed day-use vehicle permit displayed on the dashboard.
- Print page 4 of your confirmation at home or at a local Library branch and display the permit on your dashboard.
- With a valid permit on your dash, you will move quickly through lineups, use the by-pass lane at the main gates and can enter at ungated entrances.
- If you do not print your permit in advance, you can check in at the main gates (corner of County Roads 18 & 12) and they will print a permit for you.
- Make sure that the license plate number on your permit matches your vehicle license plate.
North Beach Provincial Park
- North Beach has only one entrance/gate.
- You DO NOT need to print your permit to access North Beach. You can show your confirmation on your device or give the staff your permit number verbally.
- North Beach closes for the season on September 20. Parking lots are closed and no staff or amenities are available. Passes/reservations are not required to walk into this park as of September 20. Seasonal parking restrictions on County Road 27 also end on September 20.
- The County is tracking park closures/sell-out days on the Summer Hub Summer Stats page so you can see how far in advance the parks sell out.
- Sandbanks has developed a strategy for monitoring Park capacity and accounting for no-shows to ensure that as many people can access the park as possible.