The County’s sanitary sewer flushing and maintenance program will take place in the Picton and Wellington wastewater collection systems over the next five to six weeks.
Flushing will take place between 7 am and 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Sanitary sewer mains will be flushed using high pressure water and service will be conducted on pumping stations throughout Picton and Wellington wastewater collection systems.
- Flushing is conducted to maintain proper operation, prevent blockages, and remove debris that can collect in the collection system. Flushing will not be conducted on private sanitary laterals.
- From October 19 – 27, flushing will take place in Picton on streets between Talbot Street to Downes Avenue and Loyalist Parkway to Lake Street.
- Information on where sanitary sewer flushing will take place in upcoming weeks will be posted on The County’s website, X (formerly Twitter) (@Shire_Hall) and on Facebook (facebook.com/PrinceEdwardCounty).
- Customers in the immediate area of sanitary sewer flushing are asked to keep toilet seats closed on the first and basement levels of dwellings. Splashing may occur intermittently as sewer mains are flushed.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area of flushing and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of work.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, hydrant maintenance and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other conditions beyond our control.