Picton – The application period for the 2022 Municipal Community Grants Program is now open.
“Not-for-profit and community-based organizations do an outstanding enhancing life in Prince Edward County,” Mayor Steve Ferguson says. “However, we know they cannot do this work alone. The Municipal Community Grant Program is here to lend a hand and help make this work happen.”
The Municipal Community Grants Program provides support to not-for-profit and community-based organizations. Grants are available for projects that enhance The County’s quality of place as well as the local economy. Applications must focus on one or more of the following: arts, culture, heritage, recreation, environment, health and/or human services.
The Municipal Community Grants Program is made possible through funding from the County of Prince Edward in partnership with The County Foundation, which augments funding and administers the program.
“Municipal Community Grants are a unique opportunity to support the entire Prince Edward County community and allow organizations to get some support as they support so many,” says Jefferson Gilbert, Executive Director of The County Foundation (TCF). “This is TCF’s sixth year involved and each year the quality and the impact goes up and up.”
Each year, The County Foundation reviews the Municipal Community Grants Program and makes recommendations for improvements or changes. Four key changes for 2022 include:
- Offering a grant-writing workshop specifically for the Municipal Community Grants Program. The workshop will take place on Thursday, February 24 at 3:30 pm via Zoom. Click here to sign up.
- Requesting applicants to provide information about the potential impact of the grant
- Allowing places of worship that support open community programming to apply
- Establishing that up to 20 per cent of the grant can be allocated for administrative and overhead operations
There are three granting streams available in 2022:
- Grants over $5,000 in cash
- Grants up to $5,000 in cash and in-kind (up to a maximum of $2,500 in cash)
- Grants up to $1,000 (in-kind only)
Preference will be given to applications that can be implemented regardless of limitations imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic. All funded projects will be required to adhere to public health advisories and guidelines.
Interested applicants are encouraged to consult with The Community Foundation before applying by emailing email@example.com.
The application process opens on February 10, 2022 and the deadline to apply is March 14, 2022 at 12 noon. Late submissions will not be considered.
Visit The County Foundation website to access the application form and more information about the funding criteria. Applicants are encouraged to submit their proposals using the online form.
– 30 –
For media inquiries, please contact Mark Kerr, Communications and Consultations Supervisor, at 613.476.2148 ext. 1009 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.