The County is continuing to recruit a diverse range of dedicated community volunteers to serve on several municipal committees.
Citizen committees provide Council and staff with input about a wide variety of subjects through discussions, presentations and recommendations. Some committees also organize and participate in community events.
Becoming a member of a citizen committee offers residents a unique chance to volunteer their highly valued skills and knowledge to strengthen our shared sense of community.
The County is looking to fill the following vacancies:
- Elections Joint Compliance Audit Committee – 1 member
- Public Library Board – 1 member
- Picton BIA Board of Management – 1 member
- Picton Town Hall Board of Management – 2 members
- Wellington Waterfront Task Team – 3 members
- Ameliasburgh Recreation Board – 3 members
- Bloomfield/Hallowell Recreation Board – 2 members
- Sophiasburgh Recreation Board – 1 members
Any permanent resident, property owner, or business owner in Prince Edward County that is 16 years of age or older is eligible to apply for most committees. The Public Library Board is governed by the Public Libraries Act which has additional criteria for members including Canadian citizenship and not being employed by the Library Board or the Corporation of the County of Prince Edward.
The deadline to apply for the committee openings is 11:59 pm EST on Thursday March 3, 2022. To learn more and to apply online, visit the County website (https://www.thecounty.ca/government/boards-committees/).
If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or call 613.476.2148 extension 1020 between the hours of 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.