November 21, 2023
Council for the County of Prince Edward will begin 2024 budget deliberations on Monday December 4.
On the opening night, Amanda Carter, Director of Finance and IT, will provide Council with an overview of the budget. Council will also receive any deputations from the public and comments from the audience. The meeting on December 4 will begin at 7 pm.
On the following days beginning on December 5, an in-depth discussion will take place between Council and senior staff about the proposed 2024 budget. The water and wastewater budget will be presented first. The tax-supported budget, which helps pay for the day-to-day operations of the municipality, the delivery of services, and infrastructure investments, will follow.
Council has set aside the entire week, December 4 – 8, for budget deliberations. That schedule is subject to change. The public is encouraged to follow the County on Facebook and X/Twitter for updates throughout the week.
The full agenda for the budget meetings is posted here. There will find:
- The complete proposed 2024 budget
- A two-page overview of the 2024 budget
- Opening night budget overview slide presentation
The public is invited to get involved in a variety of ways:
- Attend the budget meetings in person at Shire Hall (332 Picton Main Street)
- Watch the live stream on YouTube
- Make a comment from the audience. You are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on December 4 to register to make a comment
If you have a question about the budget, contact email@example.com or call 613.476.2148 extension 1023.