The Water and Wastewater Department will be working to conduct emergency repairs as a result of a watermain break at the intersection of Church Street and Owen Street in Picton.
- Repairs will begin tomorrow, January 19, at 8 am, with an expected completion time of 6 pm the same day.
- Traffic control will be in place to direct motorists through the construction area. Motorists are asked to avoid the construction area and travel alternate routes.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the repair.
- These repairs are not expected to impact water quality; however, services on Church Street and Owen Street may experience intermittent pressure fluctuations and coloured water while construction is taking place. The water remains safe to drink throughout the duration of construction.
- If coloured water is experienced, customers are encouraged to flush their water lines at the cold water tap nearest to the water meter once maintenance is complete.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or email@example.com.