January 14, 2021
- The Water and Wastewater Department will be working to conduct emergency repairs as a result of a water main break on Loyalist Parkway in Carrying Place, between Taft Road and Victoria Road in the southbound lane.
- Emergency repairs will begin at approximately 8 am, Thursday January 14, with an expected completion time of 5 pm the same day.
- Northbound and southbound lanes on Loyalist Parkway will remain open for the duration of the repair, however crews will be working in the shoulder of the roadway. Motorists are asked to avoid the construction area if possible and follow posted traffic signage.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the repair.
- These repairs are not expected to impact water quality; however, residents on Loyalist Parkway in the immediate construction area may experience an interruption to water service while construction is taking place. Once water service is restored, customers may experience coloured water as a result of the repairs.
- If coloured water is experienced, customers are encouraged to flush their water lines at the cold water tap nearest to the water meter once maintenance is complete.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.