The Water and Wastewater Department will be working to conduct repairs as a result of a watermain leak on Niles Street in Wellington.
- Repairs will take place Monday, January 16 at 8 am, with an expected completion time of 6 pm the same day.
- Niles Street between Maple Street and Bay Breeze Court will be closed to local traffic only.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the repair.
- These repairs are not expected to impact water quality; however, residents on Niles Street between Maple Street and Bay Breeze Court will experience an interruption to service, intermittent pressure fluctuations and coloured water while construction is taking place. The water remains safe to drink when service is restored.
- If coloured water is experienced, customers are encouraged to flush their water lines at the cold water tap nearest to the water meter once work is complete.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.