An extended full closure of the Bay of Quinte Skyway Bridge on County Road 49 will take place from 6 am on Saturday, November 27 until 6 am on Monday, November 29.
- During this time period, the bridge will be closed, and no traffic will be permitted to pass over the bridge.
- This closure is required to complete the final concrete placement to connect the two new decks together prior to final paving.
- Due to unpredictable temperatures and the high-performance concrete being used for this concrete placement, excessive vibrations need to be reduced until the concrete has reached required strength for traffic to cross the bridge, which can take up to 48 hours at this time of year.
- Please refer to the following website for the Glenora Ferry as an alternative route: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/ontario-511/ferries.shtml.
- In case of poor weather conditions, the closure may be re-scheduled to take place from 6 am on Saturday, December 4 until 6 am on Monday, December 6.
- Aecon Construction and Materials Limited is rehabilitating the Bay of Quinte Skyway Bridge for the Ministry of Transportation. The work started in 2018 and should be completed in 2024.
- Visit the project website at https://hwy49quinteskyway.ca/ for more information.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.