Contractors retained by the municipality will be conducting a geotechnical investigation along the Millennium Trail from Johnson Street to the H.J. McFarland Memorial Home property in Picton from April 25-27.
- The work will include drilling boreholes for soil samples along the Millennium Trail.
- The drilling will take place between the hours of 7 am and 6 pm.
- Due to the size of the drilling equipment, the trail will not be available to any vehicular traffic; however, pedestrians and cyclists will be able to pass along that section of the trail.
- Noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the drilling and vibrations may be felt in the area.
- The geotechnical investigation is required as part of the watermain extension and related works. This project will support future development in East Picton as well as for the new long-term care home to be constructed on the H.J. McFarland Memorial Home property.
- If you have questions, contact the County at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or email email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.