The upcoming holidays will result in schedule changes for County-owned landfills and transfer sites.
- County-owned landfills and transfer sites will be closed on Saturday, December 25 and Saturday, January 1.
- All County-owned landfill and transfer sites will be open on Wednesday, December 29 to receive waste during the holidays.
- Schedules for curbside pickup of recycling and garbage will not be affected. Please have your garbage, green bins, and properly sorted blue box materials at the curb by 7 am on your regular collection day.
Dream of a “green” Christmas this year
Zero Waste Canada estimates that each Canadian generates about 50 kilograms of garbage over the holidays, 25 per cent more than the rest of the year. The County is encouraging residents to explore ways they can avoid creating unnecessary waste this holiday season.
Some tips for eliminating waste include:
- Choose reusable or recyclable gift wrap
- Take along your own bags when shopping
- Make your own gifts
- Plan to make use of leftovers to reduce the amount of food waste
Visit the Recycling Council of Ontario website for more ideas.
For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward’s Customer Service Desk at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, email@example.com.