After reviewing Environment Canada’s regional weather alerts and observing the current weather conditions, the County of Prince Edward is declaring a significant weather event in the municipality.
- During the significant weather event, the County of Prince Edward is advising residents to use extra caution as the municipality may not be able to meet its maintenance standards for roads and sidewalks due to the heavy snowfall and high winds.
- The declaration will not change how or when the municipality performs its winter maintenance operations. However, it may take the municipality longer than usual to bring the roads back to a state of repair.
- The safety of the public remains a priority for the municipality and every reasonable effort will always be made to meet the winter maintenance service levels.
- The municipality will update the public when the significant weather event has ended.
- Avoid travel if possible. If you have to travel, drive according to weather conditions and give snowplows lots of space as they clear the roads. Furthermore, be aware of fallen trees and debris on the roadways.
- Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts posted on the Environment Canada website.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.