Line painting has begun on roads in Prince Edward County during daylight hours. Line painting and pavement marking in urban areas may take place in the evening and overnight.
- Minor traffic disruptions that are short in duration may occur during line painting.
- If you encounter a line painting truck and crew on the road:
- Slow down and stay well behind the truck
- Obey the warning signs on the truck
- Be patient
- Wait for the truck to pull over before passing, unless otherwise directed
- Wet traffic paint on the road may splatter on your vehicle if crossed before the paint has dried; therefore, drivers are reminded to obey all closure signs, pylons, and warning trucks. Drivers are reminded to not cross the centreline when encountering a line painting crew on the road; it takes approximately two minutes for line painting to dry.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.