The new pedestrian crossover in Bloomfield has been activated.
The pedestrian crossing is located on the west side of the Corey Street and Bloomfield Main Street intersection.
The County is reminding pedestrians, motorists, and cyclists about how the pedestrian crossover works:
- Activate the signal lights
- Make eye contact with motorists and cyclists and indicate you want to cross before entering the pedestrian crossover
- Make sure that traffic has fully stopped before you enter the pedestrian crossover
Motorists and Cyclists
- Stop when you see the pedestrian sign, the light flashing and a pedestrian waiting to cross
- You must stop until the pedestrian has completely crossed; it’s the law.
- It is illegal to pass any other vehicle within 30 metres of the crosswalk
- Cyclists who want to use the pedestrian crossover must dismount and walk their bike across; it’s the law
For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.