On the recommendation of Picton Animal Hospital, the municipality has temporarily closed the Prince Edward Dog Park located at Delhi Park in Picton due to a rise in cases of respiratory illness among dogs in Prince Edward County.
- The dog park will remain closed for at least two weeks, at which time the closure will be reevaluated.
- Dogs with an intermittent hacking cough may be mildly lethargic yet recover well; however, in some cases, the dogs may stop eating, develop a fever, and experience nasal and ocular discharge. This may progress to pneumonia.
- Please contact your veterinarian if your dog experiences any concerning symptoms.
- Dog owners are advised not to let their pet interact with any dog showing these symptoms.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.