H.J. McFarland Memorial Home is currently experiencing an outbreak of the rhinovirus, the predominant cause of the common cold in humans.
- Affected residents are experiencing mild symptoms.
- Although family and friends of residents and other guests can still visit H.J. McFarland Memorial Home during the outbreak, Home administration request you visit at another time in order to prevent further spread of the virus.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms of a cold or fever should avoid visiting the home during the respiratory outbreak, if possible.
- Home administration strongly urges visitors to follow best practices for hand hygiene to avoid contracting and/or transmitting the infection.
- For more information, contact H.J. McFarland Memorial Home at 613.476.2138.