February 25: Water service interruption Rossmore/Fenwood Gardens Drinking Water System
A full system-wide service interruption for all customers connected to the Rossmore/Fenwood Gardens Drinking Water System will take place on Thursday, February 25 between 8 am and 6 pm.
The Water and Wastewater Department will be conducting planned repairs due to a watermain leak at the Rossmore Metering Chamber located at the intersection of Reddick and Ridley Streets in Rossmore.
During an exploratory excavation on Friday, February 19, staff identified a watermain leak on the main supply line providing water from the Belleville Drinking Water System to the Rossmore/Fenwood Gardens Drinking Water system. A full system service interruption is required to repair this leak.
- These repairs are not expected to impact water quality; however, customers with a municipal water connection to the Rossmore/Fenwood Gardens Drinking Water System will experience an interruption to service for the duration of repairs.
- When water service is restored, water remains safe to drink; however, coloured water and air in plumbing may be present.
- If coloured water and air in plumbing is experienced, customers are encouraged to flush their water lines at the cold water tap nearest to the water meter once work is complete.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the repair. Motorists are asked to avoid the construction area if possible.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.