The County’s sanitary sewer flushing and maintenance program will take place in the Picton Wastewater Collection system over the next four to six weeks. Flushing will take place between the hours of 7 am and 6 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Sanitary sewer mains will be flushed using high pressure water and service will be conducted on pumping stations throughout Picton Wastewater Collection System.
- Flushing is conducted to maintain proper operation, prevent blockages, and remove debris that can collect in the collection system. Flushing will not be conducted on private sanitary laterals.
- Information on where sanitary sewer flushing is taking place will be posted on The County’s website, Twitter (@Shire_Hall) and on Facebook (facebook.com/PrinceEdwardCounty)
- Customers in the immediate area of sanitary sewer flushing are asked to keep toilet seats closed on the first and basement levels of dwellings. Splashing/bubbling may occur intermittently as sewer mains are flushed.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area of flushing and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of work.
- Customers are asked not to approach Wastewater Operations Staff in the field conducting sanitary sewer flushing and to respect physical/social distancing provisions maintaining a minimum distance of 6.5 feet or 2 metres if passing by.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, hydrant maintenance and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other conditions beyond our control.