The seasonal 1” bulk water stations in Picton (15 MacSteven Drive) and Wellington (111 Belleville Street) will be returned to service on Thursday, May 19, for use during the summer of 2022. There will also be changes to the 3″ bulk water station in Wellington.
- At the bulk water filling stations, coin-operated 1” bulk water supply connections will be available for use effective Friday, May 20. Those wishing to use the filling stations must supply a clean connecting hose of at least 15 feet in length with a 1” female CamLock fitting.
- Instructions for operation of the equipment are posted at each location. Users are reminded that the bulk filling stations are not intended for filling small water storage containers (e.g. 20L jugs, etc.).
- The current bulk water rate, as per bylaw 4018-2017, is $4.13 per cubic meter (1,000L). Units are coin operated. The Picton bulk water station only accepts loonies for payment. Other coins can be used in the Wellington bulk water station.
- The 3” bulk water supply station in Picton (15 MacSteven Drive) continues to be available to approved larger-volume haulers.
- The 3″ bulk water supply station in Wellington will be relocated from the current location on Beach Street to the Wellington and District Community Centre (111 Belleville Street).
- An interruption to service will take place on Thursday, May 19 at the Wellington Bulk Water Station while infrastructure is relocated. During this time the 3″ Wellington Bulk Water Station will be unavailable for any bulk water loading.
- Approved haulers requiring service during this time are asked to use the 3″ Picton Bulk Loading Station located at 15 MacSteven Drive.
- The 3″ bulk water filling station in Wellington will be returned to service on Friday, May 20 at the Wellington and District Community Centre.
- The relocated 3″ bulk water filing station will operate in the same manner as the previous station, requiring approved haulers to use a key FOB and switch to activate the filling station; however, filling times may be extended at the new location.
- All vehicles wishing to access the Wellington bulk loading stations will enter at the south driveway entrance and exit from the north driveway at the Wellington and District Community Centre. Users wishing to use the 1″ bulk station will follow the route outlined by the small arrows, while those wishing to use the 3″ bulk station will follow the route outlined by the large arrows.
- View a map of the new location and loading route.
- The bulk water stations are not sanitized between uses. Customers are encouraged to exercise appropriate hygiene and maintain social distancing when using the machines.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.