Soil remediation work at the former Wellington Arena property on Niles Street will begin on Wednesday, September 1.
- The work will continue through Friday, September 3 and take place between 8 am and 5 pm each day.
- Heavy machinery will be working on site, and dump trucks will be travelling to and from the site.
- Noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the work.
- Traffic disruptions are not anticipated; however, the arena parking lot will be unavailable.
- The Prince Edward County Affordable Housing Corporation is now the official registered owner of the property. PECAHC is transforming the site into affordable housing. Construction is planned to begin between December 2021 and January 2022 with occupancy expected to take place 12 -15 months after construction begins.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.