H.J. McFarland Memorial Home is experiencing a suspected COVID-19 outbreak after one resident and one staff member tested positive. The outbreak went into effect on Sunday July 3.
The Lilac Lane unit is under quarantine, and all residents have been placed on contact and aerosol precautions.
Lilac Lane residents will be closely monitored and re-tested for COVID-19 on a set schedule.
For confidentiality reasons, H.J. McFarland Memorial Home cannot share any identifiable or additional information about the positive cases.
To help limit the spread of infection, the Home has implemented several additional safety measures, including:
- H.J. McFarland is closed to admissions.
- General visitors are temporarily prohibited. Residents or their substitute decision-maker must identify one designated caregiver or support worker who is permitted to visit for the duration of the outbreak.
- Visitors must conduct a rapid antigen test and get a negative test result before they may enter the Home, and they must wear appropriate personal protective equipment for the duration of their visit.
- All staff members working at the Home and the residents are being tested and monitored for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Enhanced housekeeping measures are in place, including extra cleaning of all high-touch surfaces and common areas.
- All general visitors, support workers, and essential caregivers must participate in on-site COVID-19 surveillance testing regardless of vaccination status.