A temporary water service interruption will occur on Monday, November 22 on Union Street between Head Street and Bridge Street in Picton.
- The water service interruption will occur between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm.
- The shutdown is required as part of the Elks Street reconstruction project.
- Customers directly affected by the water service interruption will receive a hand-delivered notice.
- Customers in the affected area are encouraged to store some potable drinking water for use during the interruption.
- When water service is restored, water remains safe to drink; however, coloured water and air in plumbing may be present.
- To address pressure loss and the potential of coloured water, customers are encouraged to flush their water lines at the cold water tap nearest to the water meter once work is complete and regular water service is restored.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility and cause traffic disruptions in the area and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the repair.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or email@example.com.