The watermain flushing and hydrant maintenance program in Picton will take place in the following locations November 8-12, 2021: All streets within Bloomfield and all streets in the Macaulay Village subdivision.
- Flushing will take place between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Water mains will be flushed and hydrants will be serviced throughout The County’s Drinking Water Systems in accordance with the Ontario Fire Code (Ontario Regulation 730/81). The County’s watermain flushing and hydrant maintenance program began on Tuesday, October 12, 2021 in the Picton Drinking Water System.
- Please view the Picton/Bloomfield Municipal Drinking Water Systems area maps provided below for referencing purposes.
- Detailed information on what to expect when flushing is taking place in your area is available online at https://www.thecounty.ca/residents/services/construction-closures-service-disruptions/. To receive updates on where hydrant flushing is taking place, follow The County on Twitter (@Shire_Hall) and on Facebook (facebook.com/PrinceEdwardCounty).
- While flushing is taking place, customers are asked to avoid excessive water use (Example: running tap water for extended periods, using the washing machine and dish washer simultaneously).
- Customers in the immediate areas may experience intermittent pressure fluctuations and some discolouration of tap water while flushing is being completed. This does not affect the safety or quality of your water.
- If coloured water has been experienced, customers should run the cold water tap closest to the water meter for a few minutes until tap water runs clear. Customers are advised to wait until the water runs clear at the tap before doing laundry or running the dishwasher. Using discoloured water in your washing machine could result in stained laundry.
For more information, contact the Corporation of the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, hydrant maintenance and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other conditions beyond our control.