The County’s watermain flushing and hydrant maintenance program will begin on Monday, July 4 in the Rossmore/Fenwood Gardens Drinking Water System. Flushing will take place between the hours of 7 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Watermains will be flushed and hydrants will be serviced throughout The County’s Drinking Water Systems in accordance with the Ontario Fire Code (Ontario Regulation 730/81).
- The summer watermain flushing and hydrant maintenance program will take place in the following locations within Rossmore/Fenwood Gardens:
- July 4-15, 2022 – All addresses serviced by municipal water connected to the Rossmore/Fenwood Gardens Drinking Water System.
- Detailed information on what to expect when flushing is taking place in your area is available online. To receive updates on where hydrant flushing is taking place, follow The County on Twitter and on Facebook.
- While flushing is taking place, customers are asked to avoid excessive water use (Example: running tap water for extended periods, using the washing machine and dish washer simultaneously).
- Customers in the immediate areas may experience intermittent pressure fluctuations and some discolouration of tap water while flushing is being completed. This does not affect the safety or quality of your water.
- If coloured water has been experienced, customers should run the cold water tap closest to the water metre for a few minutes until tap water runs clear. Customers are advised to wait until the water runs clear at the tap before doing laundry or running the dishwasher. Using discoloured water in your washing machine could result in stained laundry.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, hydrant maintenance and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other conditions beyond our control.