The County is making changes at Wellington Rotary Beach to help manage crowds, improve amenities and keep the beach clean and safe. This includes introducing a $10 per person admission fee for the beach on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Residents and ratepayers can access the beach for free at all times using the Wellington Rotary Beach Pass.
While the province-wide Stay-at-Home order is still in effect, the admission fee for Wellington Rotary Beach will not be charged. The admission fee and beach pass system will come into effect after the Stay-at-Home orders are lifted by the province, which is currently scheduled for June 2, 2021.
Residents are encouraged to obtain their Wellington Rotary Beach Pass in preparation for the new admission system. During the Stay-at-Home orders, while municipal buildings are closed, residents can obtain a pass by contacting their local PEC Library branch in advance and arranging for curbside pickup. When Shire Hall and the Libraries are permitted to re-open for in-person services, passes can be obtained at these locations during regular business hours. Proof of residency will be required (i.e. driver’s licence, tax or utility bill, rental agreement, etc.)
Operational changes at Wellington Rotary Beach in 2021 include:
- $10 per person admission fee charged on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays beginning after the Stay-at-Home order is lifted.
- Wellington Rotary Beach Pass provides free access at all times for residents and ratepayers.
- The beach will be closed when it reaches capacity (350 people). A portion of this capacity will be reserved for beach pass holders each day.
- Increasing the number of garbage bins and washrooms available at the beach.
- Permitting County-sanctioned food trucks to operate at the beach.
- Prohibiting grills, BBQs and open flame.
- Moving the bulk water hauling station on Beach Street to the Wellington and District Community Centre.
- Limiting the launch hours at the Wellington Rotary Beach boat launch. On weekends and holidays from May to September, the ramp is unavailable for launching from 9 am to 5 pm. (i.e. Boats can exit the water during this time, but cannot be put in.)
Residents can learn more about the changes at Wellington Rotary Beach by accessing The County’s Summer Hub webpage. The online tool will help residents navigate the busy summer season and the changes to boat launches, parking, beaches, enforcement and more. The hub also contains contact information if residents have a concern or issue.
For more information contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or email@example.com.