All roads remain closed by OPP order in Prince Edward County due to safety concerns and to give snow-plowing crews space to clear roads.
The municipality is providing the following update on road conditions and snow-plowing operations as of noon on Sunday, December 25:
- The main County road arteries have been plowed this morning with the improved visibility.
- Crews are beginning to plow secondary side roads as well. We are grateful for the assistance provided by the City of Belleville, which is supporting this work.
- The County has established an emergency route into all of the towns and villages.
- All roads remain closed by OPP order in Prince Edward County due to safety concerns and to give snow-plowing crews space to clear roads.
- The County has requested additional resources from the province to aid in the removal of more than 100 abandoned vehicles alongside County roads.
- DO NOT arrange to have your vehicle towed. There is a high probability that you will get stuck and further impede snow-clearing operations.
- While the offers of assistance are greatly appreciated, the County is not issuing a call for resources from the public at this time, and bulldozers on the roads will damage them. If you want to help, the municipality recommends helping a neighbour clear snow from the end of their road or driveway if you can do so safely.
- The Emergency Control Group will meet again at 3 pm to review conditions. An update will be provided after that meeting.
- Follow the County on Facebook or Twitter for further updates.