Picton Main Street Reconstruction
Reconstruction of Picton Main Street between Bridge Street and Johnson Street. The project will include:
- Replacement of the existing sanitary sewer and services
- Replacement of the existing watermain and services
- Storm sewer replacement
- Complete road reconstruction with new curb and gutters, sidewalks, asphalt pavement, and decorative street lighting.
The County is also making improvements at the Picton town hill intersection to address safety concerns of both pedestrians and drivers. Learn more about that related project.
- Budget year: 2022
- Total cost: $5,309,000
The major work on this project has now been completed. Minor work will be completed in 2023 including:
- Installation of the new streetlights
- Reinstatement of areas behind the sidewalk with sod and decorative bricks
- Reinstatement of the centre area of the island at Piction Main/ Bridge Street intersection with concrete including patterned concrete at the perimeter
- Reinstatement of the narrow, patterned concrete area between the curb and sidewalk at Picton Main Street / Bridge Street intersection
Phone: 613.476.2148 ext. 2001