Registered Practical Nurse (Full-time)
The H.J. McFarland Memorial Home is a non-profit long-term care facility located on the outskirts of Picton, Ontario in beautiful Prince Edward County. Our philosophy of care is one that recognizes the individuality of each resident and where all staff, family members and community partners are valued and respected for their contributions to resident care.
Our Human Resources Department is currently accepting applications for the full-time position of Registered Practical Nurse. Reporting to the Director of Care, this position is responsible for providing quality life care that encompasses the physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs of all H.J. McFarland Memorial Home’s residents. This will include the completion of Resident Care in accordance with the Home’s mission, vision and values statement.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in the designated nursing field with a current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Prior experience working in a long-term care facility
- Ability to work within legislated standards and guidelines
- Excellent written and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to exercise respect, tact, diplomacy, and good judgement when dealing with residents and team members
- Knowledge and training under the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Proof of a satisfactory vulnerable sector screening check
The current salary range for this position is $29.03 to $30.13 per hour as per the UNIFOR Local 8300 Collective Agreement. Compensation also includes a competitive benefit package and membership in OMERS. Please submit your application prior to 4 pm on September 22, 2023, to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call 613.476.2148 extension 1043.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.