The mandate of the Purchasing Department is to ensure that:
- every purchase represents a fair and reasonable costs to the taxpayer for the required goods or services.
- all qualified and interested potential suppliers are extended the opportunity to compete for the County’s business.
- all purchasing transactions are processed in a timely and cost effective manner that best fulfills the requirement of the County while achieving the best value through a transparent, fair and competitive process.
Purchases of goods and services and the disposal of property are made in accordance with the County’s Purchasing Policy and the Purchasing By-law No. 3204-2013. More information can be found below regarding the Purchasing Department’s activities, a list of current Requests for Proposals, Tenders, Requests for Quotations, or Requests for Prequalification, as well as the opportunity to purchase surplus items.
The County of Prince Edward may participate from time to time in procurements conducted as part of the following buying groups:
- Ontario Education Collaborative Marketplace (OECM)
- Ministry of Government Services (MGS)
- Local Authority Services (LAS)
- Competitive Bids
The County of Prince Edward does not maintain a “Bidders List”.
Current requests for tenders, proposals, quotes, information and expressions of interest are listed below. Click on the title that you are interest in to access the required documents.
Bidders must register with the Purchasing Clerk for each Request for Proposal or Request for Tender for which they wish to submit a bid. While addendums will be listed online, it is the responsibility of each bidder to ensure they have received any addendums that are issued. Submissions that do not include any or all addendums will be deemed as incomplete and will not be considered.
Unless otherwise indicated, submissions are to be delivered to the Clerk’s Office at Shire Hall, 332 Picton Main Street, 2nd Floor, Picton, Ontario on or before the closing date of the submission.
Expressions of Interest (EOI)
Requests for Prequalification
There are no requests for prequalification at this time.
From time to time, the County may deem equipment or other goods as surplus and the items are disposed of via public auction. Items are sold “as is” and “where is” and there is no warranty or guarantee. All auction details are available at the GovDeals Website.