Answer the Call
Being a Volunteer Firefighter isn’t something you do; it’s something you are. If you have a desire to contribute to keep your community safe, you should “Answer the Call” and become a Prince Edward County Volunteer Firefighter.
What it Takes
Being a volunteer firefighter for one of Canada’s fire departments isn’t something you do; it’s something you are. If you have a desire to contribute to keep your community safe, you could be a volunteer firefighter. We need women and men who respond to fires and emergencies, and who can assist with community education and fundraising.
Take the Next Step Now
Volunteer firefighters train for emergency response when communities call. The call may come in the middle of the night, and in almost every situation, under stressful and emotional circumstances. Our volunteers tell us about the tremendous rewards that come with their work. We know there are others with the same courage, commitment and compassion. Do you have what it takes?
- A Valid Driver’s License (minimum)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Physically able to perform tasks and duties of the job
- Able to commit to training
- Live and/or work in the response area
- No conviction of a criminal offense related to the job duties of a firefighter
- Work as part of an organized, trained team to respond to emergency situations
- Protect citizens in times of crisis
- Perform the duties of emergency responder, fire suppression and public education as assigned
- Learn the skills of an emergency responder
- Respond to a broad range of emergency situations
- Be a community role model
- Responsible for upgrading and maintaining skills, knowledge and physical requirements
- Maintain the fire station and upkeep of firefighting equipment
- Fast paced, team-orientated and inclusive
How to Apply
Prince Edward County Fire & Rescue accepts applications for the positions of Volunteer Firefighters year-round to establish a pool of candidates that can be drawn upon when positions become available within our 6 Fire Department divisions.
For more information on becoming a volunteer firefighter in The County, fill out our “Answer the Call” – Volunteer Firefighter Application Form, and mail it to 8 McDonald Drive, Picton ON K0K2T0. You can also email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.