A different coronavirus than the one responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic has been identified as the cause of the current facility-wide respiratory outbreak at H.J. McFarland Memorial Home.
- There are many different types of coronaviruses. The SARS-CoV-2 virus, better known as COVID-19, is not responsible for the outbreak at H.J. McFarland Memorial Home.
- Any residents affected are experiencing mild symptoms. These residents are in isolation.
- Although family and friends of residents and other guests can still visit H.J. McFarland Memorial Home during the outbreak, Home administration request you visit at another time in order to prevent further spread of the virus. Anyone experiencing symptoms of a cold or fever should avoid visiting the home during the respiratory outbreak, if possible.
- H.J. McFarland Memorial Home has implemented new measures around testing and vaccination to keep long-term care residents and staff safe against the Omicron variant. Visit the County website to read the full details.
- Home administration strongly urges visitors to follow best practices for hand hygiene to avoid contracting and/or transmitting the infection.
- For more information, contact H.J. McFarland Memorial Home at 613.476.2138.