The Ministry of Transportation’s contractor, Aecon Construction, will re-start the rehabilitation work on the Bay of Quinte Skyway Bridge on March 1, 2021.
- From March 1 – 5, single lane closures may be in effect on the Quinte Skyway Bridge from 7 am to 5 pm, controlled by traffic control barrels and flaggers.
- During the 2021 construction season, contractors will rehabilitate Segment D, which is just south of the midspan. The northbound lane will be rehabilitated first followed by the southbound lane mid-summer. Rehabilitation of Segment D should be completed by the end of 2021.
- Highway 49 traffic on the Bay of Quinte Skyway will be reduced to a single-lane for each year of construction. Traffic will be controlled by temporary traffic signals at either end of the work zone in each year. Both traffic lanes will be available during seasonal shutdown.
- Several night-time closures on Highway 49 will be required each year to safely accommodate lifting steel girders and placing concrete in the new bridge deck. Advanced notification will be provided two weeks prior to the closure
- Visit Bay of Quinte Skyway Bridge Rehabilitation website for more information.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.