The County of Prince Edward has finalized plans for delivering services during a temporary closure of Shire Hall while renovations take place, which will begin on December 18.
The County is relocating services currently offered at Shire Hall to the ground floor of the Edward Building (280 Picton Main Street, Suite 103). Because of the smaller waiting area, the municipality asks the public to go online if possible to make payments and access services. Visit the County website for more information or call Customer Service for assistance at 613.476.2148 extension 1023 or 613.962.9108 extension 1023. Bag tags can be purchased at a number of locations in the community.
At the Edward Building you can:
- Pay tax and utility bills
- Make payments of fines for provincial offences, violations of municipal by-laws and minor federal offences
- Speak to a customer service representative
- Acquire garbage bag tags
Clerk’s Office services — marriage licences, commissioner of oath, liquour and lottery licencing services — will be temporarily offered at the Edward Building by appointment on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613.476.2148 extension 1020 to make an appointment. Civil marriage ceremonies are on-hold until Shire Hall re-opens.
If you need to visit the Edward Building, parking is available in Market Lane. Parking is free from December 1 to March 31. Free parking is also available in the municipal lots located at 55 King Street and on Mary Street.
The revised hours of operation for administrative offices are as follows:
- Friday, December 17: Shire Hall closed at 3 pm to prepare for move over the weekend
Edward Building Suite 103
- Monday, December 20: Closed to the public for office setup
- Tuesday, December 21, Wednesday, December 22, and Thursday, December 23: 9 am – 5 pm.
- Friday, December 24, Monday, December 27, Tuesday, December 28: Closed for holidays
- Wednesday, December 29, Thursday, December 30: Open 9 am – 5 pm.
- Friday, December 31, Monday, January 3: Closed for holidays
- Tuesday, January 4 onward: Open 9 am – 5 pm
The County is making accessibility improvements to Shire Hall beginning in early 2022. Changes to physical spaces and upgrades to technology will reduce the barriers that the public faces when accessing services and engaging with Council at Shire Hall.
The County has received funding from the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program to support the costs of the work.
For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or email@example.com.