The County of Prince Edward reminds taxpayers that Monday, March 15 is the deadline to pay 2021 interim tax bills for all properties.
The municipality sent the 2021 interim tax notices for all properties on February 5, 2021 either by mail, or by email to those enrolled in electronic billing. Failure to receive a tax notice does not absolve the property owner from any taxes due or from penalty charges for late payment.
If you did not receive your tax notice, please contact Shire Hall by email at email@example.com or by phone at 613.476.2148 extension 1530.
Interest and penalties for late payments will be reinstated as of May 1, 2021. These penalties were temporarily suspended to assist County residents and businesses facing financial hardships due to COVID-19. Accounts in arrears will be subject to interest of 1.25% on May 1, 2021 and on the first day of each month that they remain unpaid.
To minimize in-person contact and avoid line-ups at Shire Hall, property owners are encouraged to use one of the alternatives to in-person payments. Those include:
- Online payments from your bank account through The County’s website.
- Mail a cheque made payable to “The County of Prince Edward” to 332 Picton Main Street, Picton, ON K0K 2T0.
- Pay through your online or telephone banking services by adding “Prince Edward County – Tax” as a payee. Use the roll number as the account number.
- Pre-authorized payment. Register using the online enrollment form.
- Cheque payments can also be left in the drop box located to the left of the Shire Hall front entrance at 332 Picton Main Street, Picton.
- Payments can be made at most financial institutions by taking a copy of the bill directly to the bank branch.
As of February 16, 2021, the customer service desk at Shire Hall will reopen for those who require in-person service. Shire Hall will be open to the public Monday – Friday from 9 am – 3 pm. An enhanced COVID-19 screening protocol will be in effect once municipal buildings reopen to the public. If visitors do not pass the screening or have a fever, they will be asked to leave and staff will arrange for another way to serve the visitor if possible.
Additional information is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 613.476.2148 extension 1530.
E-billing now available
The County of Prince Edward now offers electronic billing services for its property tax customers. If you are interested in going paperless, please complete and submit the registration form.