Property owners and renters in The County’s towns and hamlets are reminded to check their civic address signage to ensure their address number is visible and accurate. Building addresses must be clearly signed to assist emergency responders in finding your location.
Standards for civic address numbers in towns and hamlets are:
- Address numbers must be made of reflective material and numbers be at least 100 mm / 4″ high.
- The numbers must be facing the street and be no more than 15 metres from the centerline of the road.
- If the house is more than 15 metres from the centerline of the road, the numbers must be displayed on a post located at the intersection of the driveway and the property line.
- The numbers must be a plain colour (preferably white) and displayed on a contrasting background (such as a plate, siding or brick).
- When posted on a door, the numbers should be on the most external, street facing door, and not on a door that is shielded by a screen door or storm door.
- Near an outside light or self-illuminated when possible provided all of the conditions above are met.
For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023 or email@example.com.