Bloomfield Parking Lot Improvements
The municipality has received provincial funding to begin installing bus shelters to support the County Transit system. In addition, the municipality has received funding from the Earth Day Canada Charged for Change grant program to begin installing Level 2 electric vehicle chargers in three locations in The County.
The municipality is leveraging this funding to make multiple improvements to the Bloomfield parking lot.
- Budget year: 2022 & 2023
- Total cost: $50,000 ($40,000 from the Ontario Community Transit grant and $10,000 from the County’s capital sustainability reserve)
- EV charger and related upgrades cost: ~$20,000 (from the Charged for Change grant)
Bus shelter, lighting and line painting is complete. EV charger to be operational before the end of 2023.
The municipality received provincial funding to begin installing bus shelters to support the County Transit system. In addition, the Municipality received funding from the Earth Day Canada Charged for Change Program to being installing electric vehicle chargers in the County.
Using this funding the municipality will make multiple improvements to the Bloomfield parking lot:
- Installation of the bus shelter near the east entrance (Completed 2022)
- Re-configuring parking spaces to ensure adequate width of accessible parking spaces, while maintaining existing number of parking spaces (Completed 2023)
- Repairing the fence and concrete walkway along east side of lot (Fence completed 2022, walkway in progress)
- Installing electrical service panel to power the bus shelter and to create capacity for future electric vehicle (EV) charging (Completed 2022)
- Installing three overhead lights for increased parking lot safety (Completed 2023)
- Installing a Level 2 electric vehicle charger in the parking space beside the bus shelter (In progress)
Phone: 613.476.2148 ext. 1008