The County is reminding residents to keep these tips in mind during the winter season.
- As of December 1, no parking is permitted on any streets in the County of Prince Edward between the hours of 2 am and 6 am. The overnight parking restrictions will remain in effect until March 31, 2021.
- The winter parking restriction includes all municipal parking lots, except in these areas posted with winter parking sections:
- Mary Street parking lot (Picton): Spaces in the first row to the Ieft of the entrance are designated for overnight parking.
- 55 King Street parking lot (Picton): Parking is permitted along the right side of the lot on odd-numbered days and along the left side of the lot on even-numbered days.
- Parking in Picton is free during December. However, drivers can still “feed the meter” to help buy breakfast, lunch, and snacks for students in local schools. Learn more about the Food for Learning program.
- When plowing your snow or shovelling, do not deposit snow on County roads or sidewalks.
- Check your eavestroughs and sump pumps to ensure they are not draining onto County roads or sidewalks.
- Take a few minutes to check that your mailbox is securely attached to the post and the post is in good condition. If not properly maintained, your mailbox could be damaged by snow coming off the snow plow.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward’s Customer Service Desk at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.