A temporary water service interruption will occur on Picton Main Street Oct. 9.
The interruption will be on Picton Main Street from Agnes Street through to Henry Street.
An interruption to water service will not happen on Roger Street as previously announced.
- The shutdown is required for watermain replacement as part of the Talbot Street Reconstruction Project.
- The water service interruption will occur between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm.
- Customers directly affected by the water service interruption will receive a hand-delivered notice.
- Customers in the affected area are encouraged to store some potable drinking water for use during the interruption.
- This planned work to tie in a watermain is not expected to impact water quality; however, residents may experience coloured water when water service is restored. The water remains safe to drink throughout the duration of construction.
- To address pressure loss and the potential of coloured water, customers are encouraged to flush their water lines at the cold water tap nearest to the water meter once work is complete and regular water service is restored.
- Heavy equipment may limit visibility in the area and noise levels will be elevated for the duration of the repair.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 extension 1023, 613.962.9108 extension 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.