UPDATE: The County rescinded the significant weather event declaration on Thursday, January 20. Learn more
After reviewing Environment Canada’s regional weather alerts and observing the current weather conditions, the County of Prince Edward is declaring a significant weather event in the municipality.
- During the significant weather event, the County of Prince Edward is advising residents to use extra caution as the municipality may not be able to meet its maintenance standards for roads and sidewalks due to the heavy snowfall.
- The declaration will not change how or when the municipality performs its winter maintenance operations. However, it may take the municipality longer than usual to bring the roads back to a state of repair.
- The safety of the public remains a priority for the municipality and every reasonable effort will always be made to meet the winter maintenance service levels.
- The municipality will update the public when the significant weather event has ended.
- Avoid travel if possible. If you have to travel, drive according to weather conditions and give snow plows lots of space as they clear the roads.
- Help make it easier for snowplows to keep roads and streets clear. No parking is permitted on any streets or highways in the County of Prince Edward between the hours of 12 am and 6 am. The overnight parking restrictions will remain in effect until March 31, 2021.
- Recycling collection is cancelled for Monday January 17. Click here to learn more.
- The vaccine clinic scheduled for Monday, January 17 is cancelled. Click here for more information on rebooking your appointment.
- The COVID-19 testing centre at the Prince Edward Community Centre is closed on Monday, January 17.
- Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts posted on the Environment Canada website.
- For more information, contact the County of Prince Edward at 613.476.2148 ext. 1023, 613.962.9108 ext. 1023, or email@example.com.
Please note: The County of Prince Edward provides this information as a service to the general public. While we do our best to provide accurate information, construction projects and associated service disruptions are subject to change based on weather, road, traffic, and other uncontrollable conditions.