If you require an investigation by a Livestock Evaluator, you can call them directly or contact our Customer Service Desk to get their contact information.
Hours: 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday – Friday
Telephone: 613.476.2148 ext. 1023 / 613.962.9108 ext. 1023
Under the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) Ontario Wildlife Damage Compensation Program, and in accordance with the Livestock, Poultry and Honey Bee Protection Act, as amended, the municipal Livestock Evaluators will:
- Carry out a full and impartial investigation within 72 hours of receiving the notification of the injury or death of livestock or poultry;
- Take three to six colour photos per eligible kill/injury incurred and collecting all necessary information to accurately complete the application;
- Municipal investigators are responsible for providing a completed program application to the owner and municipality within seven business days of completing an investigation; and
- Territorial investigators are responsible for providing a completed program application to the owner and OMAFRA’s program administrator within seven business days of completing an investigation, as well as any additional evidence from the owner.
Review the Livestock Evaluators Terms of Reference.
- Three (3) public representatives.
- Drew Dick
- Francisco Reyes
- Maurice Miller
The Livestock Evaluators shall meet as frequently as required.