Traffic Advisory Committee
The Traffic Advisory Committee will evaluate matters pertaining to traffic and/or parking in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act. Canadian, provincial, and municipal design guidelines and criteria will be taken into consideration when reviewing traffic concerns.
The Committee will review matters related to roadways, parking, speed zones, pedestrian paths, sidewalks, cross-walks, and cycling, and provide recommendations that promote safety and livability in our community.
The goals and purpose of the Traffic Advisory Committee are to:
- Identify challenges and opportunities in high-traffic areas;
- Provide information and recommendations to Council regarding traffic, parking, and speed zones;
- To review and consider traffic, parking, and speed zone concerns as raised by the public, unless the matter has already been addressed by the Committee within the term of Council and there has not been a significant change to the matter since it was previously raised;
- To promote, support, and increase traffic initiatives throughout Prince Edward County;
- Advocate for the safety of pedestrians and cyclists in Prince Edward County;
- Other activities as requested through motion of Council.
- Three (3) members of Council.
- Two (2) public representatives appointed by Council for the term of Council or until reappointed, all of whom should have demonstrated interest and knowledge of traffic safety.
- One non-voting member from the Ontario Provincial Police – Picton Detachment.
- Mayor is an ex officio member of the committee.
- Councillor Mike Harper
- Councillor Brad Nieman
- Councillor Bill McMahon
- Staff Sgt. John Hatch
The Traffic Advisory Committee shall meet no less than three (3) times per year, and more frequently at the discretion of the Chair.
The meeting, agenda, and minutes will be available to the public, on the municipal website. Members of the public may participate electronically as requested, in accordance with the Procedural By-Law.
If you have any questions about the Traffic Advisory Committee, contact the Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613.476.2148 ext. 1020.