Community Services, Initiatives & Programs Department
Community Services, Initiatives & Programs Department has a broad mandate to achieve council’s high level strategic priorities through policy and programming development.
Specifically (but not limited to):
- All corporate marketing and communications, media inquiries, including news, notices and press releases.
- Customer Service initiatives including front desk, email and phone customer service.
- On-going Initiative & Program management that help to ultimately deliver Council’s priorities and objectives, such as:
- Public Transit rollout and oversight
- Physician Recruitment Initiatives
- Downtown Revitalization Initiatives that align with establish Action Plans for each town.
- Business Retention & Expansion Studies (BR+E’s) that support evidence-based decision making on a local level
- Public Consultation and community engagement initiatives, such as the Have Your Say public engagement platform
- Affordable Housing Corporation
- Picton Harbour Vision
- Secure Provincial and Federal funding for municipal and community projects.
- Oversee grants and applications, including the Municipal Community Grant Programs over $5,000.
- Manage County real estate sales, leasing and surplus properties
- Provide local business support.
- Resident and investment attraction and relocation initiatives including BuildaNewLife.ca
- Destination Development, marketing & Visitor Services including VisitPEC.ca official tourism website and associated official social media channels, including @VisitTheCounty on Facebook and Instagram.